- Seasonality: april – November
- Days :daily
- Private tour : Min 4 – max 8 persons
- Difficulty: challenging Not suitable for children.
- Duration: about 8 hours
- Difference in altitude: 250 m
- Start Time: 09:00
- Equipment: trekking shoes, long pants, windproof jacket, hat and sunglasses
Very suggestive itinerary, it starts from the Chalet, up to Piano Provenzana, theater of the terrible eruption that in 2002 marked the territory of the Linguaglossa pine forest in a very incisive way. Through an easy path, we will walk along the eruptive axis and the lava flow channel. We will begin the ascent of the scoria cones formed during the eruption of 2002. We will cross the lava flow of 1923, at the foot of Monte Nero, and through the vast fields lava, we will reach the beech forest where we will stop at the Timparossa Refuge. We will continue to the Grotta dei Lamponi, along the suggestive “Passo dei Dammusi”, a rare example of “pahoehoe” lava on Etna.